So anyway, the writing assignment:
"Write advice to a foreign student who will be coming to your home for a homestay."
Most students wrote about bathing etiquette and taking off shoes. Some students were a little more creative though.
Here are my favorites:
- You must not break windows.
- When you eat food, you MUST use hashi.
- You may not eat bread too much.
- You must not look down on elderly people.
- You must not romp inside my home.
- You must not speak English.
- When you come in my room, don't open the door without knocking.
- When you go to school, you must get up early with me. Because we will be late for the 5:30 train.
- When you eat lunch, you must not watch TV.
- We don't mind if you have juice.
- Listening to music after 11:00 is not allowed in our house.
- When you drive a car in Japan you must keep to the left. So, if you are driving by keeping to the right, you will have a traffic accident.