Sunday, October 02, 2005

Let's take a walk down memory lane...

For some strange reason The Littlest Hobo came up in conversation last night. Katy, Travis, and Craig had never heard of the classic TV show, but Rebecca knew almost the entire theme song. Now the song is stuck in my head.

There's a voice that keeps on calling me.
Down the road, that's where I'll always be.
Every stop I make, I make a new friend.
Can't stay for long, just turn around, and I'm gone again.
Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down.
Until tomorrow, I'll just keep movin' on.
So if you want to join me for a while,
Just grab your hat, we'll travel light.
That's hobo style.
Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down.
Until tomorrow, I'll just keep movin' on.
Until tomorrow, the whole world is my home.





Let's discuss:

I loved this show when I was 5. It was filmed near Vancouver, BC (which makes it seem even more cool now). A german shepherd named London (The Littlest Hobo) would travel from place to place having adventures and affecting people's lives. It really was great family entertainment. And that theme song....so dam catchy!



A better description, copied from some website:

Filmed in Canada, THE LITTLEST HOBO TV series was originally broadcast in 1963
in black and white, aired for three seasons and then made a noteworthy comeback
to even heavier syndication in 1979, this time in color. The show was so popular
that it ran until 1985. THE LITTLEST HOBO was one of the few shows on TV to
feature something other than a human regular as the star. That unique star - a
profoundly intelligent stray German shepherd named Hobo (real name - London)
wanders around helping people resolve their crises, and leaving them forever
changed in the process. Boundless warmth, humor and suspense combine to make a remarkably touching and memorable experience for the entire family.




This is from some random episode. The boy on the right is Mike Myers.



It was aired in Japan from 1980-1981 under the very original title of:

ジャーマン・シェパード・ドッグ
(GERMAN SHEPHERD DOG)

I guess "Hobo" doesn't translate well!

Didn't you always wish the Littlest Hobo would would visit you?? I still do...


GREATEST DOG EVER!!

That's hobo style...

No comments: